known for its morning tuna auction. The Tokyo SkyTree tower offers expansive views of the city from its public observation deck. Tokyo is famed for its vibrant food scene, and its Shibuya and Harajuku districts are the heart of its trendy teen fashion culture.
- Popular events are New Year’s Day, when shrines are quite crowded;
- cherry blossom festivals (Apr) throughout the city;
- the Sanja Matsuri (May), with parades of portable shrines; the Sumida River
- Fireworks Festival (Jul);
- the festivals of Obon (Aug),
- a Buddhist holiday that celebrates ancestors; and Awa Odori (Aug), with parades around Koenji Station.