San Francisco, USA!
California Academy of Sciences. The Castro neighborhood is a historic hub of gay culture, while Chinatown is the oldest community of its kind in North America. The gritty, artistic Mission District hosts taquerias alongside colorful murals.
- In summer, street fairs and cultural institutions offer free outdoor entertainment.
- Winter visitors will find the opera and ballet seasons in full swing.
- Major annual events include Chinese New Year (Feb),
- Bay to Breakers footrace (May),
- San Francisco Pride parade and festival (Jun),
- San Francisco Fleet Week (Oct).