New York, USA!
The Bronx, NYC’s northernmost borough, is home to the landmark New York Botanical Garden and renowned Bronx Zoo. The Staten Island Ferry links Manhattan to NYC’s southernmost borough with views of the city skyline and Statue of Liberty.
- U.S. Open tennis (Aug–Sep),
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (Nov).
- Spring and fall have mild weather and strong performing-arts seasons. In summer, there’s free, outdoor cultural events. On summer weekends, many New Yorkers leave town, making it a good time to score reservations at popular restaurants.
- Dec brings the Rockefeller Center tree lighting (varies, Nov/Dec),
- Times Square’s New Year’s Eve party (Dec 31).
- Jan–Mar is cold, with an easier chance of getting Broadway tickets.