London, United Kingdom!
Tate Modern explore local and international history and art. West End theatres present classic and cutting-edge drama. Covent Garden, Soho and Spitalfields Market are popular dining and shopping areas. Major public spaces include Trafalgar Square, Hyde Park and Hampstead Heath.
- Key events include the London Marathon (Apr),
- Notting Hill Carnival (Aug),
- Frieze London art fair (Oct).
- Sep–May is the city’s primary season for theatre, opera, ballet and classical music.
- Summer’s warmer weather brings many free outdoor music and theatre festivals.