Gold Coast, Australia!
Heads are among the most popular in the country. The David Fleay Wildlife Park protects emus, kangaroos and koalas. Other natural areas include Tamborine National Park, with waterfalls and trails, and Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk, an eco-park with an elevated boardwalk through the trees.
- Tropical cyclones are possible Jan–Mar.
- Beaches are popular during school holidays, especially mid-Dec–late Jan.
- Deals abound at other times of the year. Apr–Oct is peak visibility time for divers.
- Key events include the Quiksilver Pro & Roxy Pro surf contests (Feb/Mar)
- Coolangatta Gold (Nov),
- an Ironman endurance race combining swimming, running, board paddling and surf skiing.