Wind: 26km/h WNW
UV index: 0
Dubai, United Arab Emirates!
spice and textile souks are located around Dubai Creek, where Dubai’s past as a sleepy fishing village is on view in Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood, a restored quarter of late-1800s houses with wind towers, and at Dubai Museum, housed in the 18th-century Al Fahidi Fort.
- Major events include the Dubai Shopping Festival (Jan–Feb);
- Dubai International Jazz Festival,
- Dubai Tennis Championships (both Feb–Mar);
- The Dubai World Cup horse race (Mar–Apr);
- The Dubai International Film Festival (Nov–Dec).
- The major religious holidays are Ramadan, Eid Al Fitr and Eid Al Adha (all dates vary) when some restaurants may close temporarily.